Daniel S. Broudy
æ¾wÊAåwE@ÖAæ¾N PhD, applied psycholinguistics, 2007, Deakin University
MA, English, 1993, Norwich University
BS, English Writing, 1986, Slippery Rock
êåªì p¾êw, Rhetoric, Social Semiotics, Propaganda, CDA
¤ªì My research interests are focused mostly on working out ideas presented by Susanne Langer in Philosophy in a New Key: A Study in the Symbolism of Reason, Rite, and Art ? on looking closely at discursive and presentational forms of meaning and how they are employed by powerful people and institutions to persuade, conceal, and deceive to maintain the status quo. This curiosity developed over the years from observations of the Christian cross appropriated by people across cultures, languages, and ideologies to support or condemn particular ideas, beliefs, or behaviors perceived as (ab)normal. To those ends, I am very interested in the signs and symbols that predominate in contemporary society which inform the public discourse and frame contemporary concepts of justice, fairness, loyalty, and patriotism.
SÈÚ English Rhetoric: Theory and Practice, pê³çwÁ_Ⅰ,pê³çwÁ_Ⅱ, pê³çwÁÊKⅠ, pê³çwÁÊKⅡ
- "Sweeteningf the Pentagonfs Deal in the Marianas: From Guam to Pagan," Vol. 11, Issue 27, No. 1, July 8, 2013.
- Under Occupation: Resistance and Struggle in a Militarised Asia-Pacific (2013). Newcastle Upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Turning apathy into activeness in oral communication classes: Regular self- and peer-assessment in a TBLT programme. 40(3) Nov. 2012, pp. 407-420. Elsevier: System.
- Writing Research Papers (2011). London: Macmillan.
- Rhetorical Rape: The Verbal Violations of the Punditocracy (2010). Oak Harbor, WA: Waldport Press.
- The Propaganda of Patriotism and Color (2009). Synaesthesia: Communication Across Cultures. ISSN: 1888-5953
- Clearing a Vygotskyan Path: Phrase Play from Poetics to Prose (2008) Newport, OR: Waldport Press.
- From Play to Poetics: Clearing a Vygotskyan Path to ProsewÊ_¶ÆµÄ2006NñoB
- Dialogue Under Occupation
- National Council of Teachers of English
- College Composition & Communication
- Synaesthesia Journal: Communication Across Cultures (ISSN 1883-5953)
ê¾Love your enemies ... -Jesus